Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Is there a Google Sandbox

by Brent Sweet

If you have read anything about SEO you have heard of the Google Sandbox. It is basically a rumored filter that Google has that prevents new sites from reaching the top of the search engine index.

So is it really there? I can't really say for sure. It would be a good idea, but it would prevent sites that are brand new and good from ranking for a period of time. There really is only one thing that would tell you if it exists and that is if you were so good at SEO that you could develop and optmized page both on and off site that should be number 1 and register the domain all on the same day. I don't know anybody that good.

I believe it depends on your optimization efforts, not the Google Sandbox. I had a site that was just below 100 for about 2 weeks after the domain was registered. 2 weeks later I was at position 10. I had increased my optimization efforts. Did I beat the sandbox, does it only last 2 weeks, does it exist at all? I don't know, but if it does exist it doesn't last more than 30 days if you know what you are doing.

So to get to the point, it may exist but I beat it in less than a month. If you are such a good SEO that you can optimize a site that should make it to page one in less than 30 days then props to you. I think my site getting on page one of Google in 30 days, before Yahoo even indexed me, is an indication that the Sandbox is fluff.

What people refer to as the sandbox for me, is natural progression. I think that you have to pass sites to get ranked, and it takes some time to pass a site that has been on Google for a while. - 20490

Article Submission Express is the fastest way to get to the top of search engines. You can use it to (http://www.article-submission-express.com) submit article after article for a monthly fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment