Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How do I get out of the Google Sandbox

by Brent Sweet

If you have read anything about SEO you have heard of the Google Sandbox. It is basically a rumored filter that Google has that prevents new sites from reaching the top of the search engine index.

So you want to know if it exists? I really can't answer that. The only true way to know would be to register a domain, optimize the page and build links to it all on the same day, have Google index all those and see if you jump to number one. I don't know of any SEO that is that good!

I believe it depends on your optimization efforts, not the Google Sandbox. I had a site that was just below 100 for about 2 weeks after the domain was registered. 2 weeks later I was at position 10. I had increased my optimization efforts. Did I beat the sandbox, does it only last 2 weeks, does it exist at all? I don't know, but if it does exist it doesn't last more than 30 days if you know what you are doing.

So to get to the point, it may exist but I beat it in less than a month. If you are such a good SEO that you can optimize a site that should make it to page one in less than 30 days then props to you. I think my site getting on page one of Google in 30 days, before Yahoo even indexed me, is an indication that the Sandbox is fluff.

I think what people refer to as the sandbox is simply the fact that it takes a little time to outrank sites that have been indexed for some time. I mean the fact is to get a higher ranking you have to pass sites that were there before you. - 20490

Brent Sweet owns a fanstastic website that helps you use (http://www.article-submission-express.com) Article Submission to promote your site and help with SEO. Click here to (http://www.article-submission-express.com) submit articles. If you need help with (http://www.article-submission-express.com) article submissions this is the place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment